13 Mar 2013

Staying near workplace is a Happiness

It is mid-week! We are hitting the weekend soon so people hang on! 

I am proud to say that I am not yet dragging my feet to job. I am on my new job for almost a month now. I have a lot to figure out so I am glad I am in a job where I can continue to learn for a long time. 

A happy picture of my daily green tea with my Starbucks mug. 
The mug has been with me since my first job. Best buddy at work and it keeps me healthy and hydrated.



I spent most of time travelling. Because of my off the edge home location, I always need to travel far to places I want to go; School, work, town, great food etc. 
Travelling time to school lengthen after my Secondary education. My polytechnic and university are not near my place, so I need an average 45min to 1hr 30min for a one-way trip. 90min does not sound long but I am talking about Singapore when the training East to West only need about 90min, and I am not referring to bullet train. And with the increasing population and aging of the transportation; the travelling time become even longer. Train or bus ride is no longer enjoying or 'normal', it has become a chore, and I feel like a tuna inbetween sandwiches. I am not sure when is the supposedly 'Peak Hour' when the train is always so pack all the time. Maybe not so bad during working hours. But hello, I still can't stop asking myself 

'Where does all these people come from???? No need to work????'    

Then the logical way to resolve is to take alternative transport mode. 
Bus - The expressways start to jam up from 7.30am in the morning and 5pm in the noon. Then got struck in middle of roads. It will be ok if you got a seat but well, just pray hard you can get one.

Taxi - Too expensive to be true for a young working adult like me

Car - Sorry I cannot afford the piece of paper and that huge machineS on the expressways are scary. 


I am not going to keep complaining the same transport issue over and over again. Too many comments are made and I dont think mine will make any difference. It is always true "Staying near workplace is a Happiness" I pity kids who need to travel so far to get into a 'good' school. National anthem only starts at 7.30am but the poor kids need to wake up at 5am for school. They are so young, do them really care about a 'good' school over an extra hour of sleep or an extra hour of TV/Soccer/Play time the day before? 

I really dont know how to relate a highly population country with the most livable city. We can go higher and higher, lower and lower, but we still need to get to ground somehow, so we still need to fight for the limited space. I really dont know how we can do this but I am interested to watch how to be done, but can I not be involve pls? 


Ha!
Enough of the complaining, it is already mid-week, there are reasons to celebrate. 

Lets end with a picture of my outfit today!
The black vest is amazing. I got it from Hong Kong. Cheap and very easy to match.
Skirts, Pants, Jeans, Shorts 
Light and thin material, great choice for Singapore
Shall do an intro soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment