13 May 2015

Gel Nail Journey: First trial with Etude House Gel Nail!

I think I should start keeping an album for my nail art works. Definitely not going to turn into a business yet, but surely as a hobby now.

This time round tried Etude House gel polish, I am a frequent user for their cosmetics, because the packaging is too pretty not to use and their prices are reasonable. Saw their range of gel nails polish, grabbed a pretty purple (colour #26) and decided to try their gel nails polish for the first time.

Okay, I will say I am surprise to see the colour with only 1 layer of application, didn't manage to take a picture but the colour is only about 2 tones lighter than the final piece below. I applied 2 coats and I got the result 99% similar to the colour label on the bottle. Ya know the feeling when you tot you will achieve the colour shown on the box, but it turns out completely different in real, especially DIY hair dye, always not easy to guess the final colour unless you used it before. So I am happy with the result!


I am comparing Etude House nail polish with Gelish nail polish, because most of my colours are from Gelish. 

Another thing I like about Etude House nail polish is the brush, it is harder than Gelish, so it is easier to print the entire nail evenly. Also, the brush is smaller so better control, especially as gelish is more watery than normal nail polish. 
I also find Etude gel watery but thick. Its like water, good for even application, but it is thick at the same time, so the colour is pigmented. You don't need to keep on applying to get the colour you want. Also, too many layers make the coating too thick and uneven. Like the face foundation, cakey. 

A close-up of my random flower abstracts 

However, Etude House gelish comes in much smaller bottle, as compared to the other brands. I used gelish for comparison again.                                             
So I might have to stock up faster than other brands. $$$$
In summary
Pros
  • Brush is harder, good for fast and event application
  • Brush is smaller, better control especially for people with smaller nail beds
  • Colour is pigmented, 2 coats are enough
  • Colour is true to the label on the bottle 
Cons
  • Small bottle, faster re-stock maybe?
  • Range of colours not fantastic 


Etude House Gel polish can be found in all Etude House Store.
You can view the full range of colours in this link

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment