11 Oct 2015

Its Lip Tints MADNESS!

Hello Lovelies

I am into different kinds of lip tints recently. I used to be a person who can go out with full make-up without applying any lip colour. Call me lazy but I just don't like to keep touching up the colour when I know the colour will be gone in like 1-2 hours.

I come to understand the importance of a nice lip colour to bring out the energy, looking better and healthier. Even without any makeup, some colour to the lips will brighten the entire face. I fell in love with lip tints because its longer lasting and mostly are not as dying as some of the long lasting lip sticks, usually the matt ones.

Not all lip tints are lasting to be frank, you have to keep trying to find the right one for you.

I will be sharing my top 3 lip tints at the moment. These 3 lip tints look different, smell different and feel different, but all are able to give the long lasting lips colour without dying the lips. So I thought it will be nice to do a short review for them.

1. Colour in Lip Lips by Etude House (SGD$17.90) / Don't know which colour 

This product is very creamy, rich and smooth. Easy application to the lips. It leaves a shade of pastel on the lips, giving an extra cuteness! This tint also leaves a transparent shine, which lighten up the entire makeup! The colour don't transfer and it can usually last me from the morning till after lunch. 1 touch up is enough for my entire day. =)
However, its quite watery, so its not easy to apply evenly on the lips, so what I usually do is to use my finger to blend it, with the heat of our finger, the nice lip colour is done in no time.



2. touchinSOL Technicolor Lip and Cheek Tint with Powder Finish (with SPF10) (About $20 I think) (Colour #04)
Chance upon this product while passing by Watson 1 day... I got attracted to its 'Powder Finish', cos most lip tints are either gloss or matt, I got the 'Mystique Coral - #04, a shade in between pink and peach. 
The lip tint is not as watery and more matt, thus making the application easy. The colour is also lighter and softer in compare, so it may not be suitable if you are looking of a more distinctive lips look.
Lasting wise, this lip tint is not as lasting as the previous one from Etude. The colour is more or less gone before lunch if I had breakfast that day. A bit dying too, so I usually double up with a lip bum. 
The lip tint also double up as a blushes, if you have limited space in the bag, you can consider getting this. The lip tint turns powdery instantly when you rubbed or padded it lightly, becoming a nice shade of blushes. But careful not to overdo, the colour can get quite pigmented on the cheeks. 



3. Berrisom My Lip Tint Pack (Colour: Bubble Pink) - About $12 from Qoo10
It's actually a lip tattoo that can last you throughout the day. Or should I say it leaves a light shade of colour on your lips throughout the day, its purpose is to ensure there is always some colour on your lips so you don't have to worry touching up because you know there is always colour and you won't have the situation of a dull lips.

Its actually like jelly, sticky and thick. All you need to do is to apply on your lips, wait for it to dry then peel it off. Then you will see a light shade of colour imprint onto your lips.

Because the lip tint is sticky and thick, its quite hard to apply, but you have to make sure you don't make a mess, if not be prepare to see Ronald Mcdonald later. The colour at this point is very dark, but its not the actual colour, the final result is much lighter. The feeling after application is a little minty and it gets tight when dying.

I would suggest applying a thicker layer if not you will have problem peeling off later.

You have to wait for it to dry completely, about 10 min, which is something I dragged about in using this lip tint. So I don't usually use it on my rush working mornings.

When its dry, peel it off carefully. 
 And DA! we got the colour.
I usually top it with another glossy lip colour, because I personally find it a bit light. However I like how it saves my time from touching up the colour although the initial preparation / waiting time can be a bit long.
Btw, the after taste is a bit sour so ya... a bit weird...

Ok that's all folks!
Thank you for reading up and hope you like it!

xoxo,
Jes

1 comment: