16 Jul 2015

Heartland treasure - Khongdon Korean BBQ!

I am a fan of korean 삼겹살 (Samgyeopsal) - the  popular korean BBQ that goes perfect match with fatty pork belly and chilled beer!

My first Samgyeopsal was 5-6 years back during my exchange programme to Seoul in my University days, I was hooked since the first bite. As kpop gains its popularity, Korean dishes are very common available everywhere now. 

When I mention Samygeopsal, I think most people will be  familiar with 2D1N Soju Bang and Super Star K at Tanjong Pagar, however the queues are always long, and they can get quite pricey too. 

I would like to share an alternative place I usually go for Korean BBQ, I find their food good enough with the affordable price tag. - KKONGDON Korean BBQ
Kkongdon serves BBQ and other ala carte Korean dishes like stew and hotpot, I usually go for their BBQ buffet, with free flow of meat and side dishes.
They serves 7 kinds of meat - Spicy / Non-spicy Chicken, Pork and Beef and Chicken bugolgi. I don't really take their beef because they serve steaks, but I only like the thin slice beef. Personally, I like the bugolgi best. 

Side dishes are self service. 
I totally love kimchi although most of the time I don't take spicy

Their meat per portion is quite small, but it doesn't matter because I had buffet so you can keep on getting the meat and their staffs are very friendly to assist you. 
Yea! and my favourite golden mushroom. Free flow too!
They use the  BBQ stone plate. The staffs will constantly change the tracing paper for you too. 
My personal BBQ chef!

Ventilation is quite nicely done up, so you won't feel too hot or smelly like pork after that. 

It's a great place for couples and big groups. Located at the edge of Ang Mo Kio Central, I guess most people are unaware of this hidden heartland gem, thus there is often no queue. It's nearby the MRT too, very accessible.

For about $30 per pax for a meat buffet during the weekend, it's very worthy especially for the hungry men =)


Location and Information
Kkongdon Barbeque
Djitsun Mall, 5 Ang Mo Kio Central 2, #01-06, S(569663)
Open Daily: 10:00 - 22:00
Tel: +65 64525171


xoxo
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment