25 May 2015

The Unwanted Flu Virus

I haven been active recently, no matter is blogging, taking pictures, hanging out. Plans were called off, cancelled. Was caught up by the flu virus a week ago, the sickness has been coming back and forth, not getting away yet. Complete wet blanket.

I am that kind of body who gets flu as the weather turns hot, so I often sneeze when the sun is burning hot outta. Yup, so in this summer, there is nothing new than getting back the flu virus. And when it comes, it don't go off easily.

I am in between jobs now, so I have the leisure to actually stay at home while the running nose comes chasing after me. Despite to have the time to have ample rests and no worry about the 7am alarm call, my current dark circles are the blackest this year. I can't sleep at night or any part of the day, because my nose is completely blocked and I kept coughing. The med made me drowsy, but I still can't get into any sleep even with the spinning head. So I tried to breathe harder, but the sudden intake of oxygen gave me headaches. So hard to please! Changed like 10,000 positions throughout the night, but still don't seem to get into a proper sleeping mode. I gave up trying to sleep, staring at the ceilings, playing games and watching dramas, the next thing I know is 6am. Finally able to fall asleep but will be awake in a couple of hours  as the urge to cough comes again and the nose starts to run.

My skin is super dry too. My face is usually oily (I have combination skin), but when I got flu, the facial oil seems malfunctioning as well. My skin gets very much dryer. Then I will blow my nose a lot, which caused a lot of rubbing between my skin and the tissues, especially the areas around my lips. So now I got a lot of pimples popping out near my lips, which is so damn irritating.

Just hope the flu can quickly get away, so that I can regain my energy to fight the whatever coming up, and be ready for my next phrase of life. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment